Monday, October 24, 2011

REVIEW: The Giver by Lois Lowry

        The book The Giver by Lois Lowry is an interesting book where their society is considered a "perfect world," but in my opinion, it really actually is not because of how in their society the people who have families don't make one with each other but instead they apply for it as if having a family was a job, but in reality is something that everyone needs because in order for people to succeed they need someone to support them. Another problem like this one in their world is that the word love no longer stands for something when it is something that we all need, I can't even imagine a world without love to me it seems like a world that doesn't exist.Another reason that tells me that they don't live in a perfect world is that no one can see colors even though they're good things and not things that should be considered bad by people.

5 comments:

  1. This whole review had a strong main idea, but there's only one thing wrong with it.

    I feel like you tried to sound like an adult, you know, all constructed and stuff, but that's not how you talk. You can still use words like "imagine". You get it? Got it. GOOD.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol Dania. Really good post. I agree that world isn't actually perfect because they also don't have any choices so there's really no freedom at all.

    I don't know if you remember me Eric, I'm the one who called you little a couple days ago in case you forgot because you never said my name before. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you guys for your comments i appreciate it :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete